Here at Trust Inns, we are experts in all things to do with pubs. We’ve got pubs to let available all over the UK.
There are a few things you think of when the word ‘pub’ is mentioned – pints, food and of course, pub quizzes!
Are you running low on questions for your pub quiz? Well, we’ve compiled 100 of the best pub quiz questions with answers. Perfect so you can focus on hosting the pub quiz rather than spending time trying to think of all the questions every week
Let’s get into it:
General Knowledge Pub Quiz Questions with Answers
- In which children’s book did a spider called Charlotte and a pig called Wilbur appear?
Charlotte’s Web – E.B. White
- What’s the biggest animal in the world?
The blue whale
- How many of Henry VIII’s wives were called Catherine?
- What is the most popular baby boys name as of 2021?
- From which US city do the band The Killers originate?
- What is the name of the coffee shop in the US sitcom, Friends?
- Who is currently (Oct 2022) the second in line to the throne?
Prince George of Wales
- Which planet has a pink sky?
- What is the smallest planet in our solar system?
- Which fashion designer reportedly had a relationship with Winston Churchill?
- Which nut is in the middle of a Ferrero Rocher?
- Which UK city is well known street artist, Banksy, from?
- Who wrote the novels Sharp Objects and Gone Girl?
- What is both a French wine region and a luxury American vehicle?
- What colour is found on 75% of the world’s flags?
- Name the three latest actors who have played Spiderman?
Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, Tom Holland
- What is the name of the evil headteacher in Matilda?
- After their recent split in 2021, how many years were famous couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West married?
- Who wrote The Catcher In The Rye?
- Which kids TV show gave Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera their big break?
Mickey Mouse Club
- What was the most downloaded app of 2020?
- What was the 2021 TV program called that Adele starred in?
An audience with Adele
- Babies of which animals are known as Joeys?
- Which notable big cat lover recently took control of the zoo featured on the hit Netflix series ‘Tiger King’?
- Which Italian city is Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet set?
Music Pub Quiz Questions with Answers
- Released in 2017 and charting at number 1, what was the single that Justin Bieber featured on with Luis Fonsi?
- What song is this lyric from? “Is this the real life?”
- Which Maroon 5 song did Cardi B feature on in 2017?
Girls like you
- What is the name of Miley Cyrus’s father?
Billy Ray Cyrus
- Which rock band are James, Lars, Ron and Dave in?
- Which American singer stars as ‘Ally’ in the 2018 film ‘A Star is Born’?
- After her last album 25 was released in 2015, Adele made her return to the music scene in 2021, what is her new album called?
- Who has a Heinz Ketchup tattoo on their arm and always carries a bottle or two of it on tour?
- We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. was which artist’s highest selling album because of the 2008 song ‘I’m Yours’?
- Famed as his most popular album, when was ‘Recovery’ by Eminem released?
- Which 2003 Avril Lavigne song did Paramount Pictures buy the rights to in order to make a movie but it never ended up being made?
- What is Madonna’s middle name?
- Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse and other famous singers were all the same age when they died. How old was this?
- Katy Perry’s first iconic hit ‘I Kissed a Girl’ came out in which year?
- Justin Timberlake wrote what 2002 hit after breaking up with Britney Spears?
Cry me a River
- English singer and songwriter Rory Graham is better known by what stage name?
- Which song spent the longest time as UK number one during 2017?
Shape of You – Ed Sheeran
- From which country do ABBA originate?
- “Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by.” These are lyrics from which 1983 hit?
Total Eclipse of the Heart – Bonnie Tyler
- What was the name of Michael Jackson’s first solo UK number one hit?
One Day in Your Life
- Who is the artist with the album titled ‘Beautiful Trauma’?
- Which American rapper was born Shawn Corey Carter in New York City in 1969?
- Name the song this lyric is from: “She played the fiddle in an Irish band but she fell in love with an English man.”
Galway Girl – Ed Sheeran
- Who was featured on the song ‘Rockstar’ released in 2018 by Post Malone?
- What is the name of The Beatles’ first album?
Please Please Me
Movie and TV Pub Quiz Questions with Answers
- Who plays the Prime Minister in Love Actually?
- Why is Die Hard considered a Christmas movie? (Any 3 of the reasons for a point)
Takes place during a holiday office party, has Christmas music, John’s wife has a Christmas-y name, there are presents, Santa Claus makes an appearance, it snows at the end, stats show many people watch it on Christmas eve
- In the Star Wars series of films what is the name of Han Solo’s Wookie co-pilot?
- Who played Captain Jack Sparrow in the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ series of films?
- Who was the second wife of US actor Tom Cruise?
- Which Scottish actor played the 10th Doctor in Doctor Who?
- Aaron Sorkin won an Oscar for writing what 2010 drama about the creation of Facebook?
The Social Network
- Who played the lead role in the 2001 film Lara Croft: Tomb Raider?
- The first episode of Downton Abbey begins on the same day as which real historic event?
The titanic sinking
- In Shaun Of The Dead, what’s the name of the pub frequented by Shaun (Simon Pegg) and Ed (Nick Frost) – which is later overrun by zombies?
- Name the film which boasts the famous line: “You can’t handle the truth!”
A Few Good Men
- Where is The Office set? (UK version)
- Who is the only actor to receive an Oscar nomination for acting in a Lord of the Rings movie?
- What is the main pub called in Peaky Blinders where the Shelbys meet?
The Garrison Tavern
- In Beauty and the Beast, which wing of the castle is Belle forbidden from visiting?
The West Wing
- For what movie did Steven Spielberg win his first Oscar for Best Director?
- Who plays Gerry in P.S. I Love You?
- In The Matrix, does Neo take the blue pill or the red pill?
- Which sauce is Rick famously obsessed with in Rick and Morty?
- Where were The Lord of the Rings movies filmed?
- Who voices Woody in Toy Story?
- When was the first Star Wars film released?
- What movie is this famous quote from? “Life’s not about how hard of a hit you can give… it’s about how many you can take, and still keep moving forward.”
- Who finally won an Oscar for Best Actor for the first time in 2016?
- Which movie is this famous quote from? “I will count to three, there will not be a four.”
Food and Drink Pub Quiz Questions with Answers
- What does the dish Chilli con carne mean in English?
Chilli with meat
- How many cups of tea are drunk in the UK on average every day?
- Which is the most expensive spice in the world by weight?
- What is the main ingredient in black pudding?
- Which pastry is used to make Baklava?
- What is the spiciest chilli in the world?
- What is the most famous Mexican beer?
- Which country grows the most mangoes?
- Which brand made Blackjacks?
- What sauce is traditionally served in a prawn cocktail?
- What is the main flavour of aioli?
- Which nut do you find in pesto?
- Which country has the highest usage per person of olive oil?
- Tripe, popular in the North of England, is what?
- How does paella get its name?
From the pan it’s cooked in
- In which country do red onions originate?
- What confectionary product is traditionally bought as a gift from a seaside holiday?
Sticks of rock
- What kind of oranges are used to make marmalade?
- What food do you have a phobia of if you’re diagnosed with Lachanophobia?
- Which Greek dip is made from strained or diluted yoghurt mixed with cucumber, garlic, salt, olive oil and often vinegar, lemon juice or herbs?
- Which animal’s milk is used in pecorino cheese?
- What is in the centre of a Victoria sponge?
Jam & cream
- After a classification challenge in 1991 for the purposes of VAT, did the courts decide that a ‘Jaffa Cake’ was indeed a cake or a biscuit?
- What shape is ‘farfalle’ pasta?
Bow tie or butterfly
- Mutton is meat from a sheep that is older than what age?
That was our list of the 100 best pub quiz questions with answers, we hope you enjoyed!
< Back to Blog